About the Skillful Indiana Governor’s Coaching Corps: An annual leadership program in which Indiana’s most talented career coaches develop innovative practices and technologies to support career services in an increasingly digital economy, while advancing their professional development and sharing best practices with their peers.
Skillful Indiana Governor’s Coaching Corps coaches will:
- Attend 5 multi-day retreats with expert instruction in leadership, high performing teams, skills-based practices, the policy landscape, economic and industry trends, design thinking, tech tools and approaches to best serve middle-skill job seekers.
- Work in Action Teams to tackle widespread challenges facing Indiana job seekers. Teams pitch their recommendations to state leaders for potential adoption.
- Take part in intensive training in leadership and coaching, then employ new skills in their daily work to serve job seekers and build capacity within their organizations.
To participate in the Corps, please complete the following application.
- Please note that this form requires a written or video-recorded Personal Statement, as well as a written or video-recorded Coaching Corps Nomination from your organization's leadership (note: for workforce centers, nominations should come from the center director).
- Applicants will be able to submit their applications between January 9th, 2019 and February 27th, 2019 at 11:59pm Eastern Time.
Program Benefits: The Corps sets a new model for investing in career coaches' professional and personal development. Program benefits include:
- 90+ hours of expert training fully funded by Skillful in leadership, coaching, and technical skills directly related to coaches’ daily work.
- 1-on-1 and team coaching to support personal and professional growth.
- Deep relationship building with high-achieving peers.
- Access to a network of industry professionals, workforce experts, and state leaders to support daily work and long-term growth.
- Exposure to new digital tools, resources, and best practices to best serve job seekers.
Ideal Candidates: We’re looking for exceptional coaches who go the extra mile, are eager to invest in their personal and professional growth, and are looking for new ways to share their skills and experience to improve the coaching field. Specific skills for success include:
- Commitment to Professional Development
- Active Learner
- Complex Problem Solving
- Communication and Interpersonal Skills
- Organizational Skills
- Building Effective Relationships
- Computer Skills
- Project Management
- Time Management
Eligibility: We’re looking for coaches from across the state who want to build their skills, share insights from their work, and connect with people in a similar field. To be eligible, coaches must:
- Work in Indiana for a public workforce center, a community, 4-year, or technical college, a K-12 school, or a staffing agency.
- Work in a position whose primary responsibility is to provide direct career services to job seekers.
- Have worked directly with job seekers for a minimum of 1 year (preference for coaches who have worked with job seekers for 3+ years.
- Receive nomination from organization’s leader.
For more information, review the Terms & Conditions here.