Senior Manager Employer Initiatives
The Senior Manager Employer Initiatives position will be in charge of Employer Relationships on behalf of Skillful Colorado. We are seeking someone who understands for-profit business and skills training/Human Resources. We are seeking someone who is strategic, data-driven, persuasive yet diplomatic - a fantastic relationship builder to help effect change in the corporate world towards skills-based recruiting, hiring and training. We are seeking a leader who is passionate about making a positive impact on Coloradans and doing so at scale!
Job Summary and Responsibilities:
The Senior Manager Employer Initiatives will develop, model and scale support for the Initiative by leading a team that focuses on engaging with employers and developing strategic partnerships with those employers. The individual must demonstrate the skills necessary to effectively manage the employer engagement strategy, including the ability to develop and manage multiple partnerships effectively and the ability to effect change via those relationships.
The position includes liaising with prospective employers seeking to develop skills-based practices. This position will also engage with current and potential funders on behalf of the Initiative, including foundations, corporations and individuals. The position requires high-level skills in developing and implementing sustainable strategies as it relates to the workforce ecosystem (government, businesses, job-seekers, etc.).
- Partnership management and critical thinking:
- Business process modeling and strategic management:
- Diplomacy, active listening, and persuasion:
- Social perceptiveness and fundraising activities:
- Organizational resilience and project management:
- Engaging and passionate people leader:
High level planning for managing and optimizing business processes, ideas and content. Ability to partner - be a consultant - to large Colorado businesses. Find ways to increase engagement with Colorado employers. Must be able to use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
Implement a strategy for the development and transformation of the Employer-focused side of the Initiative. Strategic management involves the formulation and implementation of the major objectives of the Initiative based on consideration of available resources and an assessment of the internal and external environments in which the Initiative operates. Ability to design and present business cases to advance employer behavior change and philanthropic support.
Give full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made and asking questions as appropriate. Use anecdotes, outcomes data, and forward-looking organizational strategy to build community interest and trust in the Initiative programming and staff. Frame existing and future work in terms of stakeholders' areas of interest with a goal of establishing ongoing funding and employer relationships. Persuading others to change their minds or behavior to maximize impact.
Experience with seeking funding for projects including traditional and alternative methods. Perform activities which will raise funds for the Initiative such as: gathering funds during fundraising or other general events, and using a variety of fundraising tools. Being aware of others' reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
Build strategies, methods and techniques that increase the Initiative’s capacity to protect and sustain the services and operations that fulfill the mission, create lasting values and execute sustained business models. Understand project management and related activities. Know the variables implied in project management such as time, resources, requirements, deadlines, and responding to unexpected events.
strategically support and engage team strengths in achieving team goals. Engage genuinely and inspire team members.
- Human Resources or Learning and Development experience in corporate environment OR deep understanding of HR/L&D processes, including up-skilling and re-skilling current employees.
- Experience in for-profit world and/or holistic understanding of large, corporate organizational drivers, processes, efficiencies, etc.
- Demonstrated success working with leaders to influence individual, group and ecosystem change.
- Experience working successfully in a B2B model to influence change.
- Existing relationships with donors in the Colorado marketplace.
- Work with multiple stakeholders to develop and implement an employer strategy for the state.
- Familiarity with the practices of facilitating agreements, including promoting organizational interests and facilitating compromise. Identify, align and manage strategic partnerships, especially in the employer space, to create sustainable system integration.
- Work closely with the Initiative's Executive Director to support fundraising activities, including: donor identification, cultivation, event production and using a variety of fundraising tools.
- Develop fundraising activity plans that maximize participation or contributions and minimize costs. Secure commitments of participation or donation from individuals or corporate donors. Align funder expectations with operational objectives and impact.
- Team/office environment: start-up feel, flat hierarchy, fast-paced and focused on mission! They love to laugh! Passionate about learning (including failing and learning from those experiences)!
- Office is in a beautiful, modern building located in LoDo, near restaurants, public transportation and more!
- Competitive Salary!
- Full and competitive benefits package!
- Offers a wonderful mix of independent and team-oriented work!
How to apply
For immediate consideration, please submit your resume and cover letter in PDF format as well as your responses to the below listed supplemental questions at www.scionstaffing.com/jobportal/#/jobs5238.
- Do you currently require sponsorship or will you require sponsorship in the future to work in the United States?*
- What geographic location are you hoping to work in? Do you have any geographic limitations or a radius you would like to stay within?
- What specific annual salary are you targeting in your current search?
- Why are you looking to transition out of your current employment situation into an opportunity like this?
- Why do you feel you would be a strong match for this Program Manager role within the skills/training/employment arena?
- Please briefly explain your experience in program management or coordination.
Skillful, a non-profit initiative of the Markle Foundation, is dedicated to enabling all Americans – particularly those without a four-year college degree – to secure good jobs in a changing economy. In partnership with Microsoft and others, Skillful is developing skills-based training and employment practices in collaboration with state governments, local employers, educators and workforce development organizations. Skillful and its partners are working to create a labor market in which skills are valued, and people can more easily access the information and education they need to keep pace with technology’s impact on work. Skillful currently operates in two states, Skillful Colorado and Skillful Indiana, bringing investment, training, tools and innovative methods to augment local workforce development efforts. It formed and facilitates the Skillful State Network, a collaboration among 20 state governors to accelerate the development and deployment of effective skills-based practices to transform their labor markets. Skillful is grateful for support provided by Walmart, and its partnerships with the states of Colorado and Indiana, Microsoft, Lumina, Purdue University and Purdue Extensions.
About the Markle Foundation
The Markle Foundation works to realize the potential of technology to achieve breakthroughs in addressing some of the nation’s most pressing issues. Markle challenges itself and diverse partners to deploy their varied expertise to identify solutions and achieve systemic change. Today as advanced technology and automation change the very nature of work, Markle’s priority is advancing solutions towards a skills-based labor market that will enable Americans to transition to the opportunities of the digital economy. Markle’s workforce initiatives include Skillful and the Rework America Task Force. They follow Markle’s success in creating the policy and technology architecture that has enabled improvements in healthcare, national security, and access to the Internet. For more information, visit markle.org, follow @MarkleFdn and @ReworkAmerica on Twitter and read our book, America's Moment.